FROM THE 27th JANUARY TO THE 27th MAY 2011
Create a machinima celebrating the NeoVictoria estate in the Second Life® virtual world and you could receive a cash prize payable in Linden™ dollars!
HOUSE OF ASILS, a virtual production company, is organizing a competition on the following website: WWW.NEOVICTORIA.NET from the 27th of January to the 27th of May 2011. The competition is opened to anyone aged 18 years or more.*
The three machinimas to win the contest will receive award money in Linden dollars™. Contest purse begins at $50,000 Linden™ dollars. Entry fees will be added to the Contest purse. Only one entry per Second Life® avatar will be accepted.**
~ 27 January 2011 - Contest opens
~ 27 May 2011 - Submissions close at midnight (Pacific Standard Time)
~ 22 June 2011 - Evaluation period opens
~ 28 June 2011 - Evaluation period closes
~ 28 June 2011 - Winners notified
~ 29 June 2011 - In-world announcement ceremony (prizes will be paid to winners via their Second Life avatars at the ceremony or thereafter if they cannot attend).
The aim of the competition is to create a machinima that celebrates the roleplay of the NeoVictoria community and the physical design of the NeoVictoria estate in the Second Life® virtual world. All entries must meet the following requirements and specifications to be eligible:
- Only machinima created using the Second Life® world and shot within the NeoVictoria estate is accepted for this competition.
- All machinimas must have a minimum total running time of at least three minutes (including titles and credits) and should not run longer than 15 minutes (including titles and credits).
- Non-English language works must include English subtitles.
- Submitted material may not contain obscene, unlawful or objectionable material, and should not contain any sexually explicit, disparaging, or other inappropriate content.
- Entrants connect to the website at http://neovictoria.ning.com/?xgi=2YbN3rgNdzhdLr and fill in the registration form using their Second Life® avatar's name and a working email address.
- Entries to the competition will be validated and sent online notifications their membership has been approved. Upon approval, entrants then pay Asil Emor the $1,500 Linden dollars™ entry fee.
- Once the fee has been paid, entrants join the Machinimatographers group http://neovictoria.ning.com/group/machinimamakers on the NeoVictoria website and start a discussion thread for their movie.
- Once the entrant has their machinima ready for submission, they submit an unrestricted copy of the actual media file to HOUSE OF ASILS via FTP (HOUSE OF ASILS will advise on URL and password for the FTP on request). The entry should be a machinima no shorter than 3 (three) minutes in duration and no larger than 900 MB in file-size. Recommended formats are Quicktime (*.mov) or MPEG (*.mp4) using resolutions of [HD 1280x720 29.97fps] or [HD 720x405 29.97fps] and the 16:9 aspect ratio.
- If more than one person or group has participated in the production of a machinimas submitted for entry, the machinimas will be deemed entered by the group representative whose name is submitted through the registration process. If the machinimas is selected as a winner, the prize will be awarded to the group representative.
- The details of each entrant submission will be collected during the online subscription of each user on the www.neovictoria.net website. Each entrant grants HOUSE OF ASILS permission to use the information provided. Each entrant benefits from the right to access and modify their personal data according to the Terms of Service of the NING platform [http://about.ning.com/legal/tos.php], on which the www.neovictoria.net portal is hosted.
- Submitting for the 2011 NeoVictoria Machinima Movie Contest will signify that you accept these rules and have obtained all necessary Clearances (including music rights) prior to submitting your machinima or prior to uploading content to www.neovictoria.net; you have given permission to HOUSE OF ASILS to screen your machinima at events and online during and following the Contest period and at conferences attended and/or organized by HOUSE OF ASILS.
The award prize will be allocated as follows:
~ First Prize Winner will receive 50% of the prize money, payable in Linden™ dollars.
~ Second Prize Winner will receive 30% of the prize money, payable in Linden™ dollars.
~ Third Prize Winner will receive 20% of the prize money, payable in Linden™ dollars.
The current amount of the Award Prize Money can be monitored in-world at the Skymall in NeoLondon (NeoVictoria SIM). HOUSE OF ASILS will seed the pot with an initial infusion of $50,000 Linden™ dollars.
The winners will be advised on or after 28 June 2011. The prize will be paid to winners via their Second Life avatars at the announcement ceremony scheduled for 29 June 2011. If the winners cannot attend the ceremony, the prize will be paid to their avatars thereafter.
Resale of the prize is forbidden. No exchange of the prize worth against money, another prize, object or service different from a prize eventually won by an entrant will be accepted.
IF YOUR WORK IS SELECTED
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS & CLEARANCES
- A jury composed of the members of the NeoVictoria Roleplay Group will decide the winners on grounds of creativity, originality, uniqueness and appropriateness of theme.
- If your machinima entry is selected, HOUSE OF ASILS may get in touch to request machinima stills, a photo and 100 word biography, and interviews with the entrant or their production team.
- Please note that by entering, entrant grants HOUSE OF ASILS the rights to use footage, stills and/or titles, and information from the machinima for promotional purposes. HOUSE OF ASILS will seek to identify additional platforms to promote participating machinimas.
SPONSOR'S RIGHTS TO DISQUALIFY
- All machinima entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity. Any logos or copyrighted music must have the appropriate permission documented in the credits of the machinima before submitting it. Any entry without copyright permission will not be judged.
- By entering this contest, entrant warrants and represents that (a) they own all rights to all contribution submitted by them; and (b) all such contribution are original works of authorship on their part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
- At any time during the competition, HOUSE OF ASILS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove any machinima that potentially or actually infringes any third party's copyright(s) or when it believes the machinima does not fall within the entry requirements in these Official Rules or when it believes an entrant has failed to obtain any of the necessary clearances relating to the entrant's machinima. HOUSE OF ASILS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to verify at anytime during the Awards period that all necessary clearances relating to any machinima have been obtained.
- In case of circumstances outside HOUSE OF ASILS control, in a fortuitous case, or under exceptional circumstances (fire, flood, natural disaster, malevolent intrusion in the IT system, strike, jeopardize of the financial and technical viability of the competition etc.), even in the case of its own responsibility (subject to its good faith), HOUSE OF ASILS retains the right to cancel the whole or part of the competition. The present competition will be cancelled in case circumstances outside HOUSE OF ASILS control, without the entrants or winners being able to claim any form of compensation beyond the refunding of their entrance fee.
- HOUSE OF ASILS retains the right to exclude entry to the present competition any individual having cheated, deceived, faked or disturbed the operations stated in these terms. HOUSE OF ASILS retains the right to sue any individual having cheated, deceived, faked or disturbed the operations stated in these terms, or tried to do so. A winner having disturbed the competition in any of the ways described in the present terms will be rightfully denied the right to claim any prize.
- Any addition or amendment to these terms will be announced on the Internet. They will be considered appendices to the present terms.
- By participating in this contest, entrants agree that both during and after the Contest Period HOUSE OF ASILS is authorized to display the machinimas on WWW.NEOVICTORIA.NET, on any and all other media in connection with the Contest and at events to promote wider awareness of NeoVictoria or any related HOUSE OF ASILS program anywhere in the world.
- By participating in the Contest, entrants grant permission to HOUSE OF ASILS to use their avatar names, likenesses, photographs, voices, sounds and/or biographical information and machinimas in connection with the Contest and for any and all advertising, publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- HOUSE OF ASILS is not liable for any failure to screen machinimas at any venue if that failure is due to circumstances beyond its control, or if technical difficulties or failure compromise the integrity and operation of the Awards.
- By entering into this Awards, entrants hereby release and discharge HOUSE OF ASILS and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, agents, representatives, independent contractors, officers, employees and directors from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to their participation in this Awards, their use or acceptance of any prize, the use by HOUSE OF ASILS of any materials submitted by entrants and/or any actions or decisions of HOUSE OF ASILS in connection with the conduct and administration of this Machinima Awards.
- Entrants hereby waive any right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in connection with any claim against HOUSE OF ASILS, any of the Sponsors, or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, agents, representatives, independent contractors, officers, employees and directors.
- HOUSE OF ASILS will reserve the right to refuse any entry to this Contest, at its own discretion.
- The decisions of HOUSE OF ASILS are final and binding in all matters relating to these Awards. HOUSE OF ASILS will be entitled to terminate, suspend or modify either its Awards or the related rules and regulations at any time.